CBS46 is here to serve as your personal guide to the behind-the-scenes world of news and broadcasting in all of its complexity and curiosity. Our entertaining and informative guides will bring to life the work of CBS46's state of the art, broadcasting hub and provide insight into a variety of areas.
CBS46 offers tours of the station to non-profit organizations, educational groups and schools. Tours are free of charge and last approximately one hour. Keep in mind that no two hours are the same in the world of broadcasting, but they will always be informative, interesting and fun. You'll get the chance to visit the news set and solve one of the greatest wonders of television, learn how video from around the Atlanta area and around the world arrives via satellite and microwave.
Make your reservation now at the Request Form below.Schedule & Reservations
Tours are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays Thursdays at 10: 00 a.m. Tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. We encourage you to submit your request as early as possible since a limited number of tours are available. Requests must be submitted through the submission form below and are accepted up to three months in advance. All requests must be received at least 20 days in advance.Tour Black-Out Dates: Jan 1 - 15; Mar. 1 - Mar. 31; May 23 – May 28; July 1 – July 6; August 28 - Sept. 5; Nov. 10 - Nov. 29; Dec. 15 – 31 (Tour black-out dates are subject to change).
Tour groups should plan to arrive so we can begin promptly at the allotted start time. CBS46 is an operational facility and tours must commence on time so as not to interrupt programming and the work of staff around the building. Lost time cannot be made up. We recommend group leaders carry a mobile phone to let us know if they are held up due to traffic or other delays.
Once a tour request is submitted, you will be contacted with a confirmation if your date is available. Please include three (3) choices of dates in the Special Requirements and Comments field.Guidelines & Criteria
All tours are subject to approval by CBS46 management and are subject to availability.
- Age Limit: 12 years old and over
- Group Limit: 20 people maximum and 10 people minimum per tour group (Including chaperons)
- Non-Permitted Items: Bags or packages, such as knapsacks and luggage, are prohibited.
- Please only bring what you can comfortably carry, there are no storage facilities.
- Food/Drinks: No food or drink can be consumed on the tour.
- Non-Smoking Facility: CBS46 is a tobacco-free environment.
- Visitors with Disabilities: Please notify us if you have disability-related needs. Every effort
will be made to accommodate you.
- Chaperon Ratio: We require the following student-to-teacher/supervisor ratios:
- 1:3 for special needs;
- 1:5 for students requiring mobility assistance;
- 1:8-10 for all other age groups.
- Photography: Photography and filming at CBS46 is restricted due to copyright and security reasons. However, all of our tours do have some photo opportunities and your guides will point them out during your tour.
- Photo Identification: All chaperons must have a form of photo ID. We accept most forms of photo ID (e.g. passport, driving licence). Please note that only adults aged over 18 or over need to bring ID on the day – it is not required for children under 18.
- Parking: There is parking located directly in front of the entrance of the building
Note: CBS46 tours may be subject to last minute cancellation.