Candle sparks early morning apartment fire in Roswell
Richard Breaden/CBS Atlanta- Roswell fire crews work to extinguish an overnight apartment fire.
ROSWELL, GA (CBS46) -
A Roswell woman, burning a candle because her power was out, accidentally ignited a fire Wednesday.
"There was a candle in the bathroom closet area that had fallen and caught some clothes on fire," said Deputy Chief Ricky Burnette with Roswell Fire.
Captain Paul Piccirilli, with the Roswell Fire Department, said Red Cross assistance was called for seven people displaced by the blaze that started just after 1 a.m. at the Seven Pines Apartments off of Holcomb Bridge Road.
The fire was contained to the apartment where it started, but one other was damaged by water.
There were no injuries reported in the fire.
On Tuesday, a family of four in Gwinnett County lost part of their home to a fire started by an unattended candle in a bedroom.
"If you're going to use them (candles), use correct containers, so everybody can be safe," advised Burnette.
Copyright 2012 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today. ‘Exasperated' boy reacts to mom's pregnancy "What were you thinking? This makes no sense… This is exasperating!" AMore >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today.More >