Man bitten by rattlesnake gives thanks to emergency workers - CBS46 News

Man bitten by rattlesnake gives thanks to Cherokee County emergency workers

Posted: Updated:
Shane and Grant Newton Shane and Grant Newton
CHEROKEE COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -

A Georgia man bitten by a rattlesnake took the time Friday to give thanks to Cherokee County emergency services workers.

The deadly snake bit Shane Newton at Lake Arrowhead in Cherokee County in November.

Newton's son Grant killed the snake but Newton still faced a possible death from the poison.

That is until paramedics arrived and flew him to a hospital.

Newton and his son felt obligated to stop by Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services to thank them on Friday.

"I had an anaphylactic reaction to the snake venom so I went into shock," Newton said. "It is very humbling to realize how many people it took to save me and the great job they did. Everything came together perfect."

Health experts say there are more than 6,000 poisonous snake bites in the U.S. every year. Only about a dozen people die from them.

Copyright 2013 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
CBS Atlanta
Powered by WorldNow
All content © 2000-2014 WorldNow and WGCL-TV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.