House fire displaces couple from their Buford home - CBS46 News

House fire displaces couple from their Buford home

Posted: Updated:
Clint Erbacher/CBS Atlanta- Firefighters contained the blaze at a Buford home to one bedroom. Clint Erbacher/CBS Atlanta- Firefighters contained the blaze at a Buford home to one bedroom.
GWINNETT COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -

An alert neighbor called 911 to report a fire at a Gwinnett County home early Wednesday, potentially saving the lives of a man and woman inside.

Firefighters arrived at the two-story home on Austin Garner Road in just after 3 a.m. and found the fire contained to one bedroom, according to Lt. Colin S. Rhoden with Gwinnett County Fire.

A female resident was treated on scene for a foot injury sustained as she fled the home. A man living in the home was not injured.

Rhoden said the house had moderate to heavy fire damage on the lower level and heavy smoke and heat damage throughout the home.

Investigators believe the fire was accidental and may have started with a space heater.

The Red Cross was called to assist the couple with housing and other needs.

Copyright 2013 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow
CBS Atlanta
Powered by WorldNow
All content © 2000-2014 WorldNow and WGCL-TV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.