A charcoal grill is to blame for sparking a house fire in Gwinnett County Sunday night, displacing two adults and two children.
The blaze broke out around 8:21 p.m. at a single-story wood frame home in the 2500 block of Augustus Drive NW in Duluth.
Crews found flames in the back of the garage which were spreading to the attic.
A family of four were at home when the fire started. The smell of smoke and a neighbor's knocking alerted the family and they escaped without injury, according to Gwinnett County fire department.
Firefighters were able to bring the bulk of fire under control within the first 20 minutes. It took an additional 15 minutes to bring the fire under control due to an electrical hazard which was a downed power line. The power company was requested to secure the downed line and render the area safe for crews to work.
An investigation confirmed the fire appeared accidental. The family had grilled earlier in the day and stored the grill outside against the house. Copyright 2013 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today. ‘Exasperated' boy reacts to mom's pregnancy "What were you thinking? This makes no sense… This is exasperating!" AMore >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today.More >