An elderly man was hospitalized after he was burned attempting to put out a kitchen fire.
Atlanta firefighters responded to a fire around 10:25 p.m. Saturday. An elderly man was taken from the home located in the 200 block of Whitefoord Avenue NE.
He had second and third degree burns to his arms and around his shoulders according to fire crews on the scene. He was taken to Grady for treatment.
A fire official on scene told CBS Atlanta News that the man was cooking when the pan he was using caught fire. He attempted to take the pan down the hallway to the bathroom to extinguish the flames, but the effort failed.
When firefighters arrived at the home, they found flames in the hallway.
Damage to the home was estimated to be less than $5,000. The condition of the injured man was not given at the scene. Copyright 2013 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
Friday, August 22 2014 6:09 PM EDT2014-08-22 22:09:46 GMT
Leaders at the Ellijay Wildlife Sanctuary fear they will have to close early next year if they do not see a significant jump in donations, on which they rely heavily to maintain daily operations. The sanctuaryMore >
Leaders at the Ellijay Wildlife Sanctuary fear they will have to close early next year if they do not see a significant jump in donations, on which they rely heavily to maintain daily operations.More >