Man dies in Jonesboro townhome fire - CBS46 News

Man dies in Jonesboro townhome fire

Posted: Updated:
© Photos by Unique Wilson © Photos by Unique Wilson
MORROW, GA (CBS46) -

A man died in a townhome fire in Jonesboro Thursday morning.

Fire crews arrived around 11 a.m. to the two-story town home on Coach Way.

The home was engulfed with flames when crews arrived.

While fighting the fire, they discovered the body of a man on the second floor.

The top floor collapsed to the bottom floor of the unit.

There also was significant damage to two adjacent units.

One dog was recovered unharmed in the garage. Animal Control now has possession of the dog.

The fire was ruled accidental. A malfunction of electrical wiring behind the oven is to blame, according to investigators.

CBSAtlanta.com will have more information as it becomes available.

Copyright 2013 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
CBS Atlanta
Powered by WorldNow
All content © 2000-2014 WorldNow and WGCL-TV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.