The sulfur is reacting and the chemicals inside caused a small vapor to leak out of the building.
Firefighters brought in a pumper truck from the Canton Fire Department and spread the water all the way over to the top of the building making sure that the white smoke doesn't spread throughout the neighborhood.
After firefighters saw the containers with some type of chemical reaction brewing a small fire broke out. Later in the night, the fire flared up and the building is in flames.
A shelter has been set up at the Canton Memorial Civic Center on Market St. North for evacuated residents who need it.
A couple of streets in the area are closed to traffic as well.
Records show that the cardboard box making company went out of business in 2011.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
Monday, September 1 2014 11:00 PM EDT2014-09-02 03:00:16 GMT
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic. He was hit by a drunk driver at the age of 16 and before that he was faced with this. "IMore >
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic, but it's not slowing him down. More >