Talladega County authorities say a suspected carbon monoxide leak has killed a Tennessee man who was camping out for a NASCAR race.
Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore says friends of the man and his wife found the couple unresponsive inside their motor home at the Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday afternoon.
Deputy Coroner Larry Seals says the couple was likely using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the generator's exhaust system. Authorities found the man dead when they arrived, and his wife has been hospitalized in Birmingham. The man's identity has not yet been released.
The man is at least the second racing fan to die while camping out near the track this year.
In early May a Georgia man accidentally drowned in a creek near the track.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
Friday, August 22 2014 6:09 PM EDT2014-08-22 22:09:46 GMT
Leaders at the Ellijay Wildlife Sanctuary fear they will have to close early next year if they do not see a significant jump in donations, on which they rely heavily to maintain daily operations. The sanctuaryMore >
Leaders at the Ellijay Wildlife Sanctuary fear they will have to close early next year if they do not see a significant jump in donations, on which they rely heavily to maintain daily operations.More >