2 families displaced by duplex fire in Nashville - CBS46 News

2 families displaced by duplex fire in Nashville

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Two families are homeless for Christmas after a fire inside a duplex Tuesday morning.

Officials say the fire at 108 Lewis Street in Nashville was put out quickly.

The fire, which officials say started in a wall near a bedroom, may have been electrical.

Officials say no one was hurt in the fire.

The families will have to live somewhere else for now, but their Christmas presents were saved.

The Red Cross is being called out to assist the families.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • 2 families displaced by duplex fire in NashvilleMore>>

  • Tips to prevent kitchen fires

    Tips to prevent kitchen fires

    Tuesday, December 24 2013 6:53 PM EST2013-12-24 23:53:00 GMT
    House fires, especially ones that start in the kitchen, are more likely to happen during the holidays. The state fire marshal is urging people to stay alert to keep fires from starting. Fire experts said: Don'tMore >
    House fires, especially ones that start in the kitchen, are more likely to happen during the holidays. The state fire marshal is urging people to stay alert to keep fires from starting.More >
Powered by WorldNow
CBS Atlanta
Powered by WorldNow
All content © 2000-2014 WorldNow and WGCL-TV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.