An American flag caught fire Tuesday night at the Atlanta Braves game.
It happened during a fireworks display at the home opener.
The Braves released the following statement:
"We tried pyrotechnics from a new location last night (on top of BravesVision) and one went awry burning holes in the flag. Flag is made of flame retardant material so it didn't catch fire, but did burn holes. We have replaced the flag and will discontinue using pyrotechnics from that area."
Copyright 2014 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Monday, September 1 2014 11:00 PM EDT2014-09-02 03:00:16 GMT
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic. He was hit by a drunk driver at the age of 16 and before that he was faced with this. "IMore >
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic, but it's not slowing him down. More >