Photo courtesy Cpt. Tommy Rutledge, Gwinnett County Dept. of Fire and Emergency Services
ATLANTA (CBS46) -
A plumber working at a Gwinnett County church is believed to have sparked a fire there.
A passer-by saw smoke coming from the Ephese Haitian Seventh Day Adventist Church and Community Center at about 6:45 Tuesday evening and called 911.
When Gwinnett County firefighters arrived to the church at Buford Highway and Langford Road in Norcross, they found smoke coming from the eaves of the building.
Crews managed to contain the fire to the two bathrooms on the main level. Both suffered heavy damage.
Investigators say the fire appears to be an accident. They believe it was sparked by a plumber who was using a soldering tool to sweat the pipes in the bathroom. This caused the wall and insulation to erupt in flames.
The fire did cause smoke damage to the building. No one was injured.
Copyright 2014 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Monday, September 1 2014 11:00 PM EDT2014-09-02 03:00:16 GMT
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic. He was hit by a drunk driver at the age of 16 and before that he was faced with this. "IMore >
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic, but it's not slowing him down. More >