Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nashville Tops List with Bookings Up 365% -
SAN FRANCISCO, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Airbnb, the world's leading community-driven hospitality company, today shared its top 10 list of U.S. destinations with the highest percentage increase in summer bookings over last year – with country music mecca Nashville grabbing the top spot.
Following one of the worst winters in memory for most of the country, vacationers have been booking their summer escapes in droves – and are excited to visit new locales.
Airbnb is the perfect way to book summer getaways, allowing people to feel at home anywhere in the world. An Airbnb guest checks-in every two seconds in one of 192 countries around the world. More than 11 million guests have traveled with Airbnb since 2008.
"It seemed like winter would never end this year and we can't wait to pack our bags and escape for the summer," said Chip Conley, Airbnb's Global Head of Hospitality and Strategy. "Airbnb is excited to share the hottest trending destinations on our site, all 10 of them seeing a booking boom of triple figures over last year."
This summer's top 10 fastest-growing U.S. destinations are:
1) Nashville – America's home of country music jumped 365 percent over last year.
2) New Orleans – Known for its great food and jazz, interest in the Big Easy is up 340 percent for summer getaways this year.
3) Palm Springs – Up 334 percent, Palm Springs has transitioned from a winter getaway to a year-round destination.
4) Portland, Maine – Long a popular New England destination, travel to Portland is up 328 percent.
5) Santa Barbara – Travelers are exploring a wider range of coastal locales on the west coast, and interest in this gem has risen 320 percent.
6) Oregon Coast – Golfers, sand-boarders and dune buggy enthusiasts love the Oregon coast, helping boost its popularity 316 percent this summer.
7) The Adirondacks – Whether it's the region's mountains, forests and wild landscapes, or just finding the right Adirondack chair by the water, New York State's playground was up 316 percent this year.
8) Denver – The mile high city saw bookings rise 306 percent.
9) Coastal Orange County – This area's beautiful beaches and easy living made it increase 306 percent.
10) Boulder – At the base of the Rocky Mountains, Boulder's summer bookings are up 291 percent.
Within these top trending destinations, visitors might choose to stay in a treehouse, Creole cottage, mid-century retro retreat, hilltop Adobe, beach house, or even a tugboat!
In fact, Airbnb has more than 600,000 listings around the world including 600 castles, 1400 boats, and 300 tree houses. With Airbnb, travelers don't just book a room, they book a home.
Top trending destinations were determined by comparing bookings from Labor Day 2013 through April 2014 for travel from Memorial Day through Labor Day 2014 against bookings at the same destinations between Memorial Day and Labor Day last year.
Whether headed to a music capital, the desert or the coast, Airbnb's 120,000 U.S. listings make it easy to book a memorable and wonderful local experience.
For a list of unique properties in this summer's top 10 trending locations, visit: https://airbnb.com/wishlists/summer-2014-vacation.
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world – online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 35,000 cities and 192 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.