A Lee County woman and three dogs escaped a burning home Wednesday afternoon.
Dozens of firefighters and emergency responders surrounded the home about 2 this afternoon the 500 block of Jordan Road.
Firefighters say the woman, a relative of the home's occupants Randy and April Spargo, Was cooking.
She went to another room and left the food unattended on the stove.
Lee County Assistant Fire Chief Paul Branch said "Realized she was smelling smoke, came back in there. Stove was on fire, caught the cabinets on fire. We were able to catch it soon enough. Had a good enough response time we were able to extinguish it without it extending any further into the house."
No one was injured. Firefighters have not made an estimate of the damage to the home.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
Monday, September 1 2014 11:00 PM EDT2014-09-02 03:00:16 GMT
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic. He was hit by a drunk driver at the age of 16 and before that he was faced with this. "IMore >
It's an amazing story of inspiration. One man's journey against all odds. 38-year-old Michael Mills is a paraplegic, but it's not slowing him down. More >