DA: Atlanta man convicted in killing over parking - CBS46 News

DA: Atlanta man convicted in killing over parking

Posted: Updated:

ATLANTA (AP) - Prosecutors say a 33-year-old Atlanta man has been convicted and sentenced to life in prison without parole for a 2012 killing following a dispute over a parking space.

Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. said in a statement Friday that a jury had convicted Charles Cook of murder and weapons charges in the shooting death of 34-year-old Salento Winfrey.

Howard says the two men lived in separate apartments and had been fighting over the use of a shared driveway when the dispute escalated. Winfrey was shot twice in the back and once in the back of the leg. He later died at a local hospital.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
CBS Atlanta
Powered by WorldNow
All content © 2000-2014 WorldNow and WGCL-TV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.