Family seeks answers after child burned at daycare center - CBS46 News

Family seeks answers after child burned following stay at daycare center

Posted: Updated:

A Hall County mother is trying to find out how her 18-month-old son became severely burned on his right side, following a stay at a daycare center last week.

Megan Seabolt has retained an attorney to handle the case involving her son, Damon.

The Discovering Basics daycare center was responsible for his care for much of last Friday, and told Seabolt her son had been bitten by a bug. The child's reaction was so severe, Seabolt had to take him to the Northeast Georgia Medical Center, then to the Augusta Burn Center.

"I do know the parents were not called during the day, if there was an injury discovered during the day," said Seabolt's attorney, Mike Weaver. "I know the child is in a lot of pain, the child was actually in my office this morning and the child was not happy at all."

"It looks like a child was severely injured, and that that injury has been covered up," said Weaver. "That's what it appears at this point, and if that is true, then that is shocking."

The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning confirmed they are investigating the case, along with the Hall County Sheriff's Department.

Management at the Discovering Basics daycare center did not return a request for comment.

Copyright 2014 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.