NEW YORK (CNNMoney) - HP is warning customers: Check your laptop charging cord to see if it's at risk of overheating.
Hewlett-Packard and federal regulators on Tuesday recalled 6 million power cords sold between September 2010 and June 2012 with some HP and Compaq notebook computers, as well as certain docking stations.
They warned the cords could overheat and catch fire. Of the 29 reported cases, two involved burns and there were 13 claims of property damage.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission warned the recalled power cords should be unplugged immediately.
HP provided an online tool for customers to determine if their cord is recalled.
Thursday, September 11 2014 5:21 AM EDT2014-09-11 09:21:40 GMT
(WMC) - A Mid-South woman with a mystery illness is desperate for help that can keep her alive. WMC Action News 5 shared the story of Shanyna Isom in a special report in 2012; she grows fingernails throughMore >
WMC Action News 5 shared the story of Shanyna Isom in a special report in 2012; she grows fingernails through the hair follicles in her skin. Two years later and the cost of a mystery illness continues to threaten her life.More >
Sunday, September 14 2014 3:20 PM EDT2014-09-14 19:20:23 GMT
A Griffin police officer was shot and killed Saturday morning. It happened at about 2:30 a.m. at a Waffle House. The officer is identified as 43-year-old Kevin Jordan. He had been with Griffin Police for four years.More >
A military veteran shot and killed a Griffin police officer early Saturday morning, police said, as the officer was trying to arrest the man's friend.More >