Couple safe after fire rips through home - CBS46 News

Couple safe after fire rips through home

Posted: Updated:
JOHNS CREEK, GA (CBS46) -

A Johns Creek couple are picking up the pieces after fire ripped through their home early Sunday morning.

The blaze broke out at the home at 10235 Brier Mill Road just before 2 a.m.

The couple was able to make it out of the structure safely along with their three dogs. 

Extensive damage was caused by the fire but damage estimates were not immediately available.

The Johns Creek Fire Department was able to extinguish the flames around 4:30 a.m.

One of the residents was transported to an area hospital where she was treated for smoke inhalation. 

Investigators don't believe the fire to be arson-related. The blaze is under investigation.

Copyright 2015 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.