Holiday cookout turns into huge house fire - CBS46 News

Holiday cookout turns into huge house fire

Posted: Updated:
DECATUR, GA (CBS46) -

Officials with the DeKalb Fire and Rescue said a BBQ grill is to blame for a fire that damaged a home in Decatur Saturday afternoon.

Crews were called to Hilton Drive and Northstrand Drive around 5:30 p.m. Firefighters said the home was occupied at the time of the fire. The homeowner was able to get two people out safely. 

Officials said the grill was too hot and left unattended for a few seconds when the blaze began.

No injuries were reported. One firefighter was taken to the hospital for a health evaluation during the fire. He is expected to be okay.

Copyright 2017 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Connect with CBS46