Funeral home catches fire during cremation - CBS46 News

Funeral home catches fire during cremation

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Gainesville Fire Department) (Source: Gainesville Fire Department)
GAINESVILLE, GA (CBS46) -

A funeral home caught on fire Friday during a cremation in Hall County.

The fire occurred at the Memorial Park Funeral Home in Gainesville. 

During a cremation, an exhaust pipe became too hot and started a fire in the attic, causing minor damage, according to a spokesperson with the Gainesville Fire Department. 

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2018 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Connect with CBS46