Microwave fire evacuates Midtown hotel - CBS46 News

Microwave fire evacuates Midtown hotel

Posted: Updated:
Source: WGCL Source: WGCL
ATLANTA (CBS46) -

A guest at a Midtown Atlanta hotel cooking food in a microwave forced the evacuation of about 90 people early Friday morning.

The fire broke out around 5 a.m. at the Regency Suites Hotel on Peachtree Street near 10th Street.

The guest is believed to have fallen asleep while cooking food in a microwave.

The evacuees have been allowed back in the building and no injuries were sustained.

Copyright 2018 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Connect with CBS46