ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) -- The Better Call Harry Team has received dozens of emails from viewers with questions and concerns related to receiving benefits from the Georgia Department of Labor.
Lately, we are hearing a lot about one issue: people who have not received their benefits, though their fellow employees have.
Cheryl Chew is one of those people. Chew made 85 calls to GDOL for answers. The response? "We will have someone call you. Please don't leave another message." Because of the backlog, no one has called yet.
Better Call Harry learned that because Chew had already received unemployment benefits last year, she wasn't eligible for state benefits now. But she is eligible for federal benefits.
Chew has this message for everyone waiting on unemployment benefits.
"It's going to be okay. Just relax. It is coming. You're not doing anything wrong, and they're just over-swamped in returning everyone's call. But it is coming."
Copyright 2020 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
- Atlanta officers fired after college students tased, pulled from car Saturday night
- Racist video shows Decatur student talking about killing black people
- Christian Cooper is asking people to stop making death threats against the woman who called the cops on him
- Multiple metro Atlanta malls close amid spreading protests
- Peace restored in Atlanta, curfew remains in place
- Spanx CEO lends wedding gown to bride impacted by COVID-19
- POLICE: Road rage possible motive after man found dead inside vehicle
- Gov. Kemp authorizes deployment of 3,000 National Guard Troops to Georgia
- Presidential Poll: Biden leads Trump 50-39 nationally
- VIDEO: APD body camera footage of officers arresting college students during protest