(Meredith) -- At least 11 positive COVID-19 testing results have been traced back to the Tuesday presidential debate in Cleveland, Ohio, according to city officials.
Cleveland officials said in an October 2 news release the 11 cases stemmed from the pre-debate planning and set-up of the September 29 presidential debate.
All of the 11 positive cases involved out-of-state residents who may continue to travel, according to the release, and so far no residents of Cleveland have contracted the virus due to the event.
“We advise anyone who has come in contact with someone who has tested positive to self quarantine,” officials said in the release. “If anyone who was in attendance has concerns or is symptomatic, they should contact their healthcare provider.”
The city’s announcement was made after President Donald Trump said he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for COVID-19 late Thursday night and went into quarantine. Trump had debated Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden in Cleveland just two days before. On Friday, Trump was taken to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center after experiencing mild symptoms related to COVID.