Dalton Police are investigating after a teacher fired a gunshot at Dalton High School. Dalton High School is about 90 miles away from Atlanta.

Texts between mother and her child during incident at Dalton HS. @cbs46 pic.twitter.com/53USN20zzQ— Meghan Packer (@MeghanPacker) February 28, 2018

Bruce Frazier, Public Relations Specialist with the Dalton Police Department, tells CBS46 53-year-old Jesse Randal Davidson barricaded himself in a classroom around 11:30 a.m. When the principal attempted to unlock the door, Davidson fired a shot through an exterior window.

Authorities say Davidson brought the snub-nosed.38 revolver onto to campus Wednesday morning in his computer case. Photos from the sceneDavidson has been a teacher at the school since 2004 and he is also the Play by Play voice for the Dalton High School football team.

Students were taken to the NE GA Trade Center where they can be picked up by parents.

The teacher has been taken into custody.

Walnut Ave = Dug Gap Battle Road, where the Trade and Convention Center is. Students were taken there from Dalton High School to be picked up. https://t.co/qrVju3U47K— Hayley Mason (@HayleyMasonTV) February 28, 2018

Authorities say one student sustained an ankle injury running inside the school during the evacuation. The student was treated by EMS at the school.

Davidson has been charged with aggravated assault, carrying a weapon on school grounds, terroristic threats, reckless conduct, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and disrupting a public school.

In an incident report filed in 2016, Davidson confessed to police that he had a woman that he was having an online affair with killed after he broke off the affair. Dalton Police officers investigated the claim but could not find any credible evidence that the woman ever existed.

Davidson also told detectives that he was taking several medications for depression and had been released from a hospital the day of filing the incident report.

Another incident report, filed in 2017, stated that Davidson was reported missing after leaving work early due to illness. When his son came to pick him up from Dalton High School, he could not be found.

Davidson was later located walking on Waugh Street near the intersection of Trammel Street. EMS was contacted and Davidson was conscious but unresponsive. He was transported to Hamilton Medical Center for treatment.

Copyright 2018 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.


Recommended for you