MONROE, Ga (CBS46) -- Monroe firefighters battled the heat and the flames at a home on Masters Drive Sunday afternoon.

PICTURES from the scene

No one was hurt in the fire but firefighters say the house is a total loss.

The fire was caused by unattended tiki torches that were left burning on the front steps of the home.

WATCH: Crews battle blaze at Monroe home

Copyright 2019 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.